The main topic of the conference
Impact of Technologies in the Sphere of Education and Educational Research
From time immemorial, technologies have affected human activities, and this impact has been evident also in the process of education and educational research. Technologies are approached from various perspectives: They can refer to procedures or to devices and tools affecting education or research. Technologies can play the role of both the subject and the means of the research. The contents of The secondary analysis of the results of the international research investigations of ICILS 2013 and PISA 2012 make the following general assumption rather doubtful: “… schools in which learners use computers to a greater extent (during school classes and then at home) reach better results……. The use of ICT is associated with learners´ better results only in certain contexts – e.g. when computer programs or internet are used as a supportive means to increase study time. … From this point of view, the key role is played by the teacher.” (ČŠI, 2016, p. 11). The Conference focusing on “The impact of technologies in the sphere of education and educational research 2016“ is supposed to support the process of searching for answers to the following questions:
- What is the role or what could be the role of digital technologies (DT) and information and communication technologies (ICT) within the framework of exploration, adaptation and replication of innovative strategies thanks to which learners can fully use their potential? Which approaches are taken to integrate DT and ICT into the current education and educational research?
- How to maximize the chances of using of technologies of various kinds for the purpose of education? How to maximize the chances of using of motivation to open up opportunities for learning, to extend the equal access, and to use education as a means of social justice and social inclusion?
- Which key competences of learners can be / are / are not developed through using of technologies?
- What conclusions can be made from current educational research and investigation in the area specified, for example, by the terms and trends of e-learning, blended learning, virtual reality and virtual classes, gamification, technology-supported teaching and learning, content and language integrated learning (CLIL)?
- What are the up-to-date possibilities and limits of technologies in education from the point of view of key competences and self-esteem of pupils, from the point of view of professional competences of teachers, or from the point of view of other staff in education and upbringing? These possibilities and limits are to be considered also with regard to leisure time, socio-pathological phenomena and the security of social networks and the internet in general.
- How are educational institutions and educational policy, curricular documents and evaluation processes in the education system working in the context of the current development in the sphere of technologies?
The Conference provides space for discussions about the above mentioned and follow-up educational topics and issues in these sections:
- Theories and methods in education;
- Individuals being raised and educated;
- Teachers and other teaching staff;
- Aims and contents of bringing up and education;
- Processes and results of bringing up and education;
- Theory and practice of functioning of raising and educational institutions;
- Impact of technologies in the sphere of education and educational research;
- Poster section (sharing and linking of the topics of all the sections in the form of poster presentations).